Bomanite is pleased to present the Annual Decorative Concrete Project Award winners! The Bomanite Company held their Virtual Annual Conference in March of this year, presenting marketing opportunities, new products, licensee project discussions and technically advanced applications, concluding with the announcement of the Bomanite Annual Project Award Winners. We truly missed seeing everyone in person this year but look forward to next year’s conference where our concrete craftsmen will gather to learn hands on new trade techniques, business strategies and exchange ideas with Bomanite Licensees from around the world.
Bomanite Licensees work on anywhere from multimillion-dollar commercial projects to affordable residential housing, new builds and improvements, with a vast knowledge and years of experience, these Bomanite Craftsmen define decorative concrete. Strong. Durable, Artistic. Creative.
Heritage Bomanite, Fresno CA, received the Bomanite Outstanding System Project GRAND AWARD for their innovative work on the Viceroy Hotel, Santa Monica CA. Using our established Bomanite Custom Polishing Modena SL System with unique inlays of Brass Terrazzo Strips defined the hi-end unique designs that are recognizable in all of the Viceroy destinations. The Viceroy Santa Monica renovation project also earned Heritage Bomanite the GOLD AWARD for the Best Bomanite Custom Polishing Systems Project.
Bomanite Licensee Musselman & Hall Contractors, LLC, Kansas City MO, received two GOLD AWARDS, the first being the Best Bomanite Imprint Systems Project GOLD AWARD for the Aquarium at the Boardwalk in Branson MO. Using the Bomanite Imprint Systems Musselman & Hall worked with PGAV Destinations in creating a custom Hexagon Boardwalk pattern with Custom Radius Boardwalk boards that snake around the entrance to the Aquarium. Broadcasted Mirrored glass gives the path an extra sparkle.
The second, Best Bomanite Toppings Systems Project GOLD AWARD was earned for Musselman & Hall’s work on the Cerner Campus in Kansas City. Musselman & Hall was called upon to upscale the front entrance concrete. They ultimately decided on an alternating mix of applications of the Bomanite Toppings Systems Micro-Top XT in Nickel Gray with a broom finish and Bomanite Micro-Top ST finish in French Gray that replicates the window and sheathing pattern on the buildings.
Bomanite of Tulsa, Inc. Tulsa OK, received the Best Bomanite Exposed Aggregate Systems Project GOLD AWARD for their brilliant work on the Choctaw Cultural Center and Museum. Applications of Bomanite Revealed in white, red, yellow and black and the Bomanite Sandscape Texture system in Autumn Brown, were laid out in a pattern significant to the Choctaw Nation. The Choctaw Cultural Center welcomes all visitors to explore the rich history, culture, and experiences of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma and its community and now have a rich and beautiful Bomanite Decorative Concrete Interior entry area.
A list is below for additional awards that were given for Silver, Bronze and Honorable Mention categories. To view all the winners and their amazing projects, please click here.
We’d like to thank all the Bomanite licensed contractors who submitted entries for this year’s award contest. The Bomanite Decorative Concrete Annual Project Awards has been a tradition for more than 50 years for Bomanite Licensed Contractors to submit their outstanding projects. Bomanite Licensees compete among the best of the best to be recognized for their hard work and creative talents. The winners are announced at the Bomanite Annual Conference, held in various cities from year to year. This is a taste of artwork and craftsmanship in the decorative concrete market that can be achieved by the Bomanite network of decorative concrete craftsmen. Please take a look at the award-winning projects.
2020 List of Bomanite Award Winners
Bomanite Imprint Systems
- BRONZE: Bomanite of Wisconsin – Direct Supply, Milwaukee WI – Bomacron Pattern: Running Bond Used Brick
- SILVER: Colorado Hardscapes – Monarch Black Hawk Casino, Black Hawk CO – Bomacron Pattern: English Sidewalk Slate Texture with Sandscape Texture Exposed Aggregate System
- GOLD: Musselman & Hall Contractors – Aquarium at the Boardwalk, Branson MO – Bomacron Pattern: Custom Hexagon Boardwalk, Custom Curved Boardwalk
Bomanite Specialty Project
- HONORABLE MENTION: Edwards Concrete – Orlando Health Care Courtyard, Ocoee FL – Bomanite Revealed Exposed Aggregate System
Bomanite Exposed Aggregate Systems
- HONORABLE MENTION: Texas Bomanite – Veterans Memorial Plaza, Carrollton TX – Bomanite Sandscape Refined Antico Exposed Aggregate System
- HONORABLE MENTION: Musselman & Hall Contractors – Parkway Condos, Overland Park, MO – Bomanite Sandscape Texture Exposed Aggregate System
- HONORABLE MENTION: Bomanite of Tulsa, Inc. – Private Residence, Tulsa OK – Bomanite Revealed and Bomanite Alloy Exposed Aggregate Systems
- BRONZE: Architectural Concrete & Design – Icon Apartments – Bozeman MT – Bomanite Revealed and Bomanite Sandscape Texture Exposed Aggregate Systems
- SILVER: Musselman & Hall Contractors – Community Park – Jefferson City MO – Bomanite Sandscape Texture Exposed Aggregate System with Bomanite Con-Color
- GOLD: Bomanite of Tulsa, Inc. – Choctaw Cultural Center, Durant OK – Bomanite Revealed and Bomanite Sandscape Texture Exposed Aggregate Systems
Bomanite Patène Artectura Project
- HONORABLE MENTION: Shepherds Construction Co. – Monon over 38th Street, Indianapolis IN – Bomanite Coloration Systems Patène Artectura with Bomanite Chemical Stain and Bomanite Concrete Dye
Bomanite Toppings Systems
- SILVER: Colorado Hardscapes – Charles Schwab Lone Tree Campus, Denver CO – Bomanite Toppings Systems Micro-Top ST, Bomacron Pattern English Sidewalk Slate, Bomanite Sandscape Texture Exposed Aggregate System
- GOLD: Musselman & Hall Contractors – Cerner Entrance Resurfaced, Kansas City MO – Bomanite Topping Systems Micro-Top XT and Micro-Top ST
Bomanite Custom Polishing Systems
- HONORABLE MENTION: Musselman & Hall Contractors – Eureka Elementary, Eureka MO – Bomanite Renaissance Custom Polishing System
- HONORABLE MENTION: Concrete Arts, Inc. – Target East Lake Street, Minneapolis MN – Bomanite Patène Teres Custom Polishing System
- HONORABLE MENTION: Texas Bomanite – Lake Belton High School, Belton TX – Bomanite VitraFlor with Broadcast Aggregates, Bomanite Alloy Exposed Aggregate, Bomanite Toppings Systems Micro-Top Logos
- BRONZE: Texas Bomanite – Brownsville International Airport, Brownsville TX – Bomanite Modena SL Custom Polishing System
- SILVER: Premier Concrete Construction, LLC – The Park Theatre, Jaffrey NH – Bomanite Modena Terrazzo Custom Polishing System
- GOLD: Heritage Bomanite – Viceroy Hotel, Santa Monica CA – Bomanite Modena SL Custom Polishing System
Bomanite Outstanding GRAND AWARD
- GRAND AWARD: Heritage Bomanite – Viceroy Hotel, Santa Monica CA – Bomanite Modena SL Custom Polishing System
Let us help you find the perfect solution you imagine for your Bomanite Architectural Concrete Project. Visit our Official Website: